Welcome Fall! Our first day of fall was hot. I mean, like high in the upper 80’s hot…not like fall at all. That’s okay though, because by the time this month is over the temperatures will be perfectly lovely or at least in the 70’s. I’ve decorated for fall and I’ve even eaten soup. The outside temperatures will not keep me down. No they will not. When you live in the South, Fall is a season you feel in your heart.
Planning my menu each month really helps save time and money…oh, and putting a few things in my freezer with a couple of my friends doesn’t hurt either. Grab some ideas and plan with me, won’t you?!?
For breakfast I typically pick 3 to 4 items a week and make them each Sunday so that my people can get their own breakfast each weekday morning. You can read more about that here.
- Toast and Eggs
- Breakfast Cookies by Heavenly Homemaker
- Sausage Biscuits
- Brownie Baked Oatmeal by Thriving Home Blog
- Sausage and Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Peanut Butter and Banana Roll Ups
- Green Chili Corn Fritters by Maebells
- Turkey Sausage and Cheese
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Chicken in a Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Sauce by Closet Cooking
- Rotel Chicken by My Recipes
- Spaghetti Pie by This Grandma is Fun
- Pork Tenderloin by Thriving Home Blog
- Tortilla Soup by Thriving Home Blog
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Taquitos by Creme de la Crumb
- Frito Bake by 12 Tomatoes
- Spinach Ravioli (from Costco)
- Pizza Buns
- Something from this post
Each month I meet up with a couple of friends and we swap freezer meals. Here are some of the things that will be filling our freezers.
PS-All of these ideas came from Thriving Home Blog. They are the girls that first taught me about freezer cooking.
Are you new to menu planning? This video clip below shows you how to plan for the month and think through your menu. By planning your menu (and sticking to it!!!) you will save time and money…I promise!
Want someone to do the planning for you?? My friend, Laura, over at Heavenly Homemakers will do just that! For $1 a week, she will email you her plan, Simple Meals. Does it get any simpler?? I think not.
PS-By using the code, SIMPLE10, you will receive $10 off of the year, making the cost less than $1 per week. How lovely, right?!?
Click here to get your free printable menu plan.
This post, and others like it, can be found at Meal Plan Monday.
Welcome Fall! I sure have missed you!