I don’t know what I love the most about this Super Simple Slow Cooker Taco Soup…
- Do I love it because of the ease in preparation? Maybe.
- Do I love it because of its versatility? Possibly so.
- Do I love it because of the fact that it can feed an army? I guess.
- Or maybe I love it because it’s made in the slow cooker…
You know what, I’m going out on a limb and just saying that I love it for all of these reasons. Yep, all of these reasons. Oh, and corn chips. I like the corn chips that I eat with it. That too.
So what makes this so easy and so versatile and so able to feed an army? I’m glad you asked. This soup only contains 7 ingredients:
Ground Beef (which you can prepare in advance in your slow cooker)
Pinto Beans (Don’t like pinto beans? Use black beans. Don’t like black beans? Use kidney beans? Don’t like beans? Leave them out. Get my point?!?)
Diced Green Chilis
Taco Seasoning (Don’t like using packaged taco seasoning? You can make your own by following this recipe.)
See what I mean about versatile?? Now what about feeding an army? Just double (or triple!) this recipe. It’s really that simple. Feed an army. Give some to a friend. Freeze half of it for another meal. Skies the limit. The world is your oyster. This is your circus. Go for it!
Now, who’s ready for some Super Simple Slow Cooker Taco Soup?!?
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 large can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 small can green chilis
- 1/2 package of frozen corn
- 1 package of taco seasoning (or make your own)
- Mix all ingredients together in a slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve with corn chips or crackers.
- Top with shredded cheddar and sour cream.
- This can be doubled or tripled.
- Freeze this before or after you cook it. Either way.
Super Simple Slow Cooker Taco Soup is the best. Make it for your family. Make it for your friend. Make it for your freezer. Just make it. You won’t be sorry.