Have you ever had anything that just seemed like an insurmountable task? What about finishing a project, cleaning all the blinds in your house, cleaning out your house, or maybe it’s something in the kitchen? Fettucine Alfredo was my insurmountable task. For years, I thought only seasoned/talented cooks could make this most delicious dish. Wrong. I remember when I discovered how simple it was to make and I had a, “I cannot believe I haven’t made this sooner” moment. Please tell me I’m not alone in feeling like something is an insurmountable task. Well, no more…at least for Alfredo Sauce. We can all do this!
With simple ingredients like butter, flour, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and cream you really can’t go wrong. You can top this with grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, grilled shrimp, or you could just eat it plain. You really can’t go wrong. Just add it to your menu plan and never, ever, ever let Alfredo Sauce be an insurmountable task like I did.
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pint cream
- 1 clove of crushed garlic (or 1 t garlic salt)
- Melt the butter and then add the flour.
- Mix until smooth over medium heat.
- Add fresh garlic (or garlic salt)
- Slowly add cream, stirring after each addition of cream.
- Once all the cream has been added, add the cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve over noodles.
- If the sauce is too thick, add more cream or milk a little bit at a time to thin the sauce.
Add this to your menu plan so you can make this your “I cannot believe I haven’t made this sooner” moment.
This post, and others like it, can be found at Meal Plan Monday.