If you know me well, you know there are two things that I love: being productive and peanut butter. Okay, okay…I love more than two things. I actually love, in addition to the two things listed above, the following things:
making a list
spending time with Fred and our boys
studying the Bible (I’m not even kidding)
trying new foods
items bought in bulk
Yeah, so it’s safe to say that I don’t just love being productive and peanut butter, but let’s talk about how these two things collide for the perfect storm with this recipe, shall we?? You see, when I make this granola I use peanut butter AND it cooks in 3 five minute increments. Each time I set the timer for five minutes, I try to fill that time with the most productive thing I can find: fold laundry, unload the dishwasher, pay a bill, go through the mail, clean out a drawer, etc. When you have three of these little five minute time slots you can really get a lot done and as an added bonus, you get PEANUT BUTTER granola when the process is done. What could be better?!?
- 4 c. oats
- 2 c. shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 6 T. natural peanut butter
- 6 T. honey
- 2 T. coconut oil
- Optional ingredients: almonds, walnuts, raisins, banana chips, chocolate chips, etc.
- Mix oats and coconut together.
- Melt coconut oil, peanut butter and honey over medium heat until smooth (about 1-2 minutes).
- Pour over oats and coconut and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 300 for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes
- Spread onto parchment paper to cool.
- Add extra ingredients.
This granola is great not only because it contains peanut butter, but also because it is so versatile. Once you take it out of the oven and let it cool, you can really add anything you want: craisins, dates, chocolate chips, banana chips, raisins, walnuts, pecans…the skies the limit.
So yeah…productivity, peanut butter, and granola. Does it get much better?? Have a few five minute projects you need to get done? Make this granola. You’ll be done in no time.