(This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to view the policy.)
Is there anything better than a fresh peach or fresh tomato?!? Summer is the absolute best time to enjoy fresh peaches and fresh tomatoes…and believe me, I have enjoyed my fair share. I hope you have too!
I have always loved a fresh peach dessert, but this Peachy Delight shares a special place in my heart. You see, my best friend and college roommate’s grandmother made this for us toward the end of our college days. She had a group of us over to her house one night for dinner. I can still see her smile and feel her joy as she served my friends and me around her dining room table. That very table now sits in Melody’s dining room today. I don’t pass by it without thinking about this dinner party where the Peachy Delight was served. Melody’s grandmother, Nana, passed away over a decade ago, but her warm hospitality, her love for family and their friends, her devotion to God, and this Peachy Delight live on in my memory.
Look at my sweet friend with her grandparents on her wedding day. Are they not just precious?!?
The next time you are having a dinner party and you need a GREAT dessert, give this a try. You won’t regret it! And, maybe invite some college aged friends over. They will never forget this dessert or the impact you have on their lives.
- 3 Fresh Peaches
- 2 packages of chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 2/3 c. butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 t. vanilla
- Whipping Cream
- Mix crushed graham crackers with melted butter and press into a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 c. lemon juice, 1 t. vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over graham crackers.
- To serve, top each piece with diced peaches.
- For a fluffier filling, whip whipping cream until stiff and gently fold it into the cream mixture. You can put whipped cream on the top also, if desired.
You also might enjoy these posts:
This post may be linked to a link party. To view a list of my link parties, click here.