Growing up my grandmother, Helen, always had the same things on her holiday table: Turkey, Ham, Dressing, Corn, Peas, Cranberry Salad, Hashbrown Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Potato Salad, Curried Fruit, and Rolls…plus dessert. And she would always leave the Curried Fruit in the microwave. Which was a really a good thing because Curried Fruit is nasty. But you know what’s not nasty? Hashbrown Casserole. I would eat spoonfuls of it and enjoy every bite of creamy goodness. She would even send me home with a little plastic dish of it to enjoy once I got home. I wish I could sit at her table with her one.more.time.
- 1 package of frozen hashbrowns
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 cream of chicken soups
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour frozen hashbrowns in a large bowl.
- Mix in sour cream and cream of chicken soup.
- Stir in cheese.
- Once mixed, drizzle with melted butter.
- Pour into 9x13 or 2, 8x8.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10-15 additional minutes.
This post, and others like it, can be found at Meal Plan Monday.