Freezer cooking is one of the best things I do for our family each month. I can not begin to tell you how nice it is to have a freezer full of ready to go items for dinner. The girls over at Thriving Home Blog introduced this to me. I owe them big. We save so much time and money with just a little bit of planning. Each month, I plan my menus and then I plug in these six items to that plan. You can watch a video about how I plan my monthly menus here.
You know what’s even better? I get to stock our freezer with great meals all while hanging out with my friends. We laugh and just have a good time and then we all leave with six meals. I call that winning.
Here are the rules:
- We have 8 people in our party. We have found that an even number works best. I wouldn’t recommend more than 8 people.
- I text everyone the menu. If anyone wants to make changes they let that be known.
- A grocery list is made and then multiplied by 8.
- We set a time suitable for everyone.
- One person buys all the groceries and then everyone reimburses that person.
- We meet. We cook. We laugh. We have a BLAST. And we leave with SIX items to put in our freezers.
My friend, Whitney, blogs at Come Home For Comfort. She just did a freezer cooking party and you can read her VERY helpful tips here. Plus, she does videos and they are great. Subscribe to her blog. You’ll love her ideas!
- Corn Chowder by Chaos2Peace
Have you ever gotten to 5:30 pm and thought, “What in the world am I going to feed all these people?!?” Well, when you have a freezer cooking party, your answer will be, “Yes, I have a freezer full of good food! I’m so thankful I did just a little bit of work and saved a whole lot of time and money.” I prefer the second response, don’t you?? Let’s get to partying!
If you need extra ideas with planning your menus, I’d love to refer you to Heavenly Homemakers, Simple Meals. (This is an affiliate link.) Laura, at Heavenly Homemakers, will email you a weekly menu plan for less than $1 a week. One dollar! Can you believe that?? Think about how much time and money you can save! AND, as an added bonus, by clicking this link, you will get $10 off a year’s subscription. You will not want to miss this! Oh, and wait…ONE MORE THING…by subscribing to a year of Simple Meals, you will receive menu plans, a grocery guide, recipes, bonus tips, and over $60 in bonus ebooks.
*This post, and others like it, can be found at Meal Plan Monday.