Growing up, my grandmother and I loved to shop together and eat lunch. Several of our favorite lunch spots served this Festive Cranberry Salad as a side dish. It was always my favorite. It was the perfect compliment to chicken salad or a pimento cheese sandwich or a bowl of soup. But, you know what I discovered several years ago? This Festive Cranberry Salad is the perfect side dish for the holidays. It goes great with dressing and turkey and green beans and deviled eggs and all things good. And wouldn’t you know it…my grandmother had the recipe. It’s so simple, you’ll make it all the time!
- Bring two cups of water to a boil.
- Pour the boiling water over a package of orange and raspberry jello.
- Stir to dissolve the jello.
- Add one can of whole berry cranberry sauce.
- Add 2/3s of a can of crushed pineapple.
- Mix it all together and pour it into a 9×13 pan.
- Let it set overnight in the fridge.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
- 1 package orange jello
- 1 package raspberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2/3 can of crushed pineapple
- Dissolve both packages of jello in the boiling water.
- Add cranberries and pineapple.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight until it sets.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
This post, and others like it, can be found at Meal Plan Monday.