This Cream Cheese Pound Cake…I have no words. It is so simple, so delicious, and so perfect! It is versatile. Perfect for sharing. A dream to freeze. Top it with strawberries or fresh peaches or just eat it plain. Really. This pound cake is perfection.
While I can’t really pick a favorite thing about this pound cake, one of the best things is that it can be made in a bundt pan or in two loaf pans. Is it just me or does anyone else think about the classic scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding when you hear the word bundt?? For you enjoyment…
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 t. vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Slowly incorporate flour.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan or 2 loaf pans. Bake at 300 for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and put on wire rack.
So, make this pound cake. Share it with a friend. Maybe watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding together. You won’t regret any of these decisions.
This post, and others like it, can be found at Meal Plan Monday.