These Chicken Fajita Nachos are so easy, so delicious, and so gone! My crew gobbled these up. I make them on a big sheet pan so we all just dig in. It makes for a fun family dinner. They are also budget friendly and that’s always a plus. The star of Chicken Fajita Nachos is actually the rotisserie chicken. So, let’s be Julie Andrews and “start at the very beginning…a very good place to start.”
Now, take your rotisserie chicken and remove half of the chicken. Once the chicken is off the bone, give it a rough chop.
Here we go on assembling:
Chop 2-3 onions and 2-3 green peppers. Saute them in butter.
Take your chicken and add 1/4 c. taco seasoning and 1/4 c. water and cook for 10 minutes, until water is absorbed.
Place tortilla chips on a sheet pan.
Top with sauteed veggies, chicken, and refried beans.
Now, sprinkle with cheese and place a few jalapenos on top if that’s your thing.
Place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Call your crew to gather around the table.
If desired, top with sour cream and/or guacamole.
Enjoy each other’s company.
- Shredded Chicken (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 c. taco seasoning
- 1 can of refried beans
- 2-3 onions, sliced
- 2-3 green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- jalapeno slices
- Slice your onions and green peppers and saute them in a 1/2 stick of butter. (Add more if necessary)
- Place shredded chicken in taco seasoning and water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place tortilla chips on a sheet pan.
- Top with refried beans, chicken, onions and peppers, cheese, and jalapenos.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes.
- If desired, top with sour cream and guacamole.
This menu plan, and others like it, can be found at Meal Plan Monday.